Hendricks County Parks & Recreation currently has an opening for Part-Time Maintenance Technician to assist with general landscape and building maintenance duties.
This person will work 28 hours per week at McCloud Nature Park outside of North Salem, Indiana, on the Vandalia Trail from Amo through Coatesville to the Hendricks-Putnam County Line, and at the property in Avon that will be developed into W.S. Gibbs Memorial Park. Most work days will begin and end at McCloud Nature Park. The position pays $14.08/hour during the first 90 days of employment, increasing to $15.64/hour upon completion of the probationary period.
Essential job functions include:
- Perform general landscape duties as directed.
- Maintain, clean, and make basic repairs of landscape equipment.
- Assist Park Manager with building and facility maintenance.
- Diligent compliance to all safety procedures.
- Displaying an exceptionally helpful and friendly attitude to all parks visitors.
- Ability to work without direct supervision for long periods of time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must at least 18 years old to apply for this position.
- Experience with standard landscape maintenance equipment
- Ability to effectively and politely assist staff and members of the public.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- A high degree of pride in work performed and self-motivation is essential
License or Certificates:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the demonstration of a safe driving record.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Duties will be performed primarily outdoors during all seasons of the year. This position requires the ability to walk/stand for long periods of time, walking on uneven terrain, and lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Persons in this position must be responsible and feel comfortable working alone for hours at a time. Some weekends and some holidays may be required.
Part-Time Maintenance Technicians report directly to the Park Manager.
Please direct any questions about this position to Park Manager Jim Holtsclaw at (317) 489-8807 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the job description, click here.
To view and complete the Hendricks County Government job application, click here.
Applications should be submitted to: Hendricks County Human Resources, 355 S. Washington Street, #217, Danville, IN 46122.
This position will remain open until filled.