Hendricks County Parks & Recreation currently has openings for two (2) Part-Time Seasonal Maintenance Technicians.
- One of the positions will work from May 18, 2020 through October 2, 2020.
- The other position will work from May 18, 2020 through August 7, 2020 (start and end dates for this position are flexible to accommodate varying summer break dates from school).
Seasonal Part-Time Maintenance Technicians assist with general landscape and building maintenance duties during the seasonal term of employment.
These employees will work approximately 28 hours per week at McCloud Nature Park outside of North Salem, Indiana, on the Vandalia Trail from Amo through Coatesville to the Hendricks-Putnam County Line, and at the property in Avon that will be developed into W.S. Gibbs Memorial Park. Most work days will begin and end at McCloud Nature Park. The position pays $14.50/hour.
Essential job functions include:
- Perform general landscape duties as assigned.
- Maintain, clean, and make basic repairs to landscape equipment.
- Assist Park Manager with building and facility maintenance.
- Diligent compliance with all safety procedures.
- Displaying an exceptionally helpful and friendly attitude to all parks visitors.
- Ability to work without direct supervision for long periods of time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position.
- Experience with standard landscape maintenance equipment.
- Ability to effectively and politely assist staff and members of the public.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- A high degree of pride in work performed and self-motivation is essential.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the demonstration of a safe driving record.
Working conditions and physical demands:
Duties will be performed primarily outdoors during the seasonal period of employment. This position requires the ability to walk/stand for long periods of time, walking on uneven terrain, and lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Persons in this position must be responsible and feel comfortable working alone for hours at a time. Some weekends and some holidays may be required.
Part-Time Seasonal Maintenance Technicians report directly to the Park Manager under the supervision of the Parks Superintendent. Working relationships are with supervisors, associates in the same department, other county departments, and the general public.
NOTE: A criminal background investigation is required of ALL HCP&R employees.
Please contact Park Manager Jim Holtsclaw at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about these positions.
To view the job description and to apply for one of these positions, click here.
These positions will remain open until March 27, 2020.