Hendricks County Parks & Recreation currently has two (2) openings for Part-Time Seasonal Naturalists to work from May 4, 2019 through September 6, 2019.
Each person will work 28 hours per week, primarily at McCloud Nature Park, outside of North Salem, Indiana. The position pays $15.60/hour.
Essential job functions include:
- Assist with the maintenance of the McCloud Nature Center and proper upkeep of the facility.
- Assist with the development of modern, interactive, educational exhibits for the nature center.
- Assist with the development and presentation of environmental education and recreation programs.
- Present nature programs for groups and schools at various sites throughout the County.
- Maintain a friendly and enthusiastic approach when representing Hendricks County Parks and Recreation for park patrons, visiting groups, and while engaged in community outreach functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Qualified candidates will have a strong base of knowledge in nature, biology and the outdoor world.
- Knowledge of modern multi-media techniques used in program presentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions/directions, and appropriately respond to constructive criticism.
- Ability to work on several tasks at the same time, and complete work effectively amidst frequent distractions and interruptions.
- Ability to comply with all employer/department personnel policies and work rules, including, but not limited to, attendance, safety, drug-free workplace, and personal conduct.
- Maintain and possess a valid Indiana driver’s license and demonstrate a safe driving record.
- Ability to effectively and tactfully deal with other people.
License or Certificates:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the demonstration of a safe driving record.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Duties will be performed equally in indoor and outdoor environments during all seasons of the year. Duties will primarily be performed at McCloud Nature Park but could also include other locations within Hendricks County or in surrounding counties. This position requires the ability to walk/stand for long periods of time, walking on uneven terrain, and lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs. The qualified candidate must be able to work weekends and some evenings. This position also requires the ability to speak and present programs clearly and effectively. A part-time Seasonal Naturalist will spend time interacting with park patrons and must enjoy being the focal point of interaction with visitors.
Part-Time Seasonal Naturalists report directly to the Park Naturalist.
Please direct any questions about this position to Park Naturalist Sarah Wolf at (765) 676-5437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the job description, click here.
To view and complete the Hendricks County Government job application, click here.
Applications should be submitted to: Hendricks County Human Resources, 355 S. Washington Street, #217, Danville, IN 46122.
These positions close on March 15, 2019.