Our 8th Annual Maple Syrup Days will take place on March 3 and 10, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
Here is a checklist of things you can do during either of these days:
- Learn the difference between sirup and syrup.
- Tap a tree yourself.
- Explore the “Sugar Bush” area.
- Find ways to identify trees in the winter.
- Learn how Native Americans first made maple sirup and how colonial Americans advanced the process.
- Visit the “Sugar Shack”, where our modern-day evaporator will be condensing hundreds of gallons of sugary sap into sweet, rich maple sirup.
- Sample some 100% pure McCloud Maple Syrup and purchase some to take home, with all proceeds benefitting the parks!
10th Annual Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser
March 3 & 10, 2018
Slip into the Nature Center to warm up and enjoy our popular “all-the-pancakes-you-can-eat” fundraiser for breakfast or lunch. The pancakes feature our very own maple syrup made using sap from McCloud’s own maple trees!
For any freewill donation that you’re comfortable with, your family can eat as many pancakes as it takes to fill your belly, and you can also partake in fruit salad, sausage, orange juice and coffee.
This fundraiser is brought to you by The Parks Foundation of Hendricks County, which funds improvements to Hendricks County Parks.
We Highly Recommend Reserving Your Seat!
Our Nature Center has limited seating and it fills up quickly, so we highly recommend reserving your family’s spot at the table. Click here to reserve your spot!
Seating Times: Saturday, March 3 & March 10, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (every 45 minutes)