Summer camps return to McCloud Nature Park, and they are better than ever! We are adding another session for the Lil’ Explorers, adding family camps, and including the option to register older kids for two days. All camps focus on one topic for that week and include hands-on activities, games, crafts, and more! All camps are taught by Hendricks County Parks & Recreation naturalists who have passed background checks and have experience in teaching campers of all ages.
Advance registration is required for all camps. On-site registration is not available. Registration opens February 1, 2020, and many of our camps fill up very quickly, so don’t delay!
Young children and their parent/guardian will participate together in age-appropriate nature activities! Activities for morning and afternoon are identical. Children must attend with a parent or guardian.
- Ages 2-5 with parent/guardian (older siblings ages 6-7 may also register and attend)
- 10 a.m. – noon OR 1-3 p.m.
- Fee: $12 per camp (includes camper and guardian)
The park naturalists are taking nature adventures to the next level for these camps! There are different activities each day around the same topic, so you can register for one or both days. These are drop-off programs.
- Ages 6-12 (going into grades 1-7)
- Thursdays and/or Fridays (same topics; different activities)
- Campers can register for one or both days
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Fee: $25 per camp
The whole family can experience camp together during these sessions! Share these fun experiences and memories together. It is very important for everyone to dress to be outside.
- Ages 5 through adult. Children must attend with a parent or guardian.
- Wednesdays, 10 a.m. – noon
- Fee: $3 per person (everyone must register)
2020 Summer Nature Day Camps
Come and get messy at McCloud! We will have all kinds of messy activities for you to be a part of. You’ll even make your own tie-dyed t-shirt! Make sure to bring a change of clothes because you will get messy.
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, June 16 at 10 a.m. (click here to register) and 1 p.m. (register)
- Family Camp: Wednesday, June 17 (register)
- Young Adventurers: Thursday, June 18 (register) and Friday, June 19 (register)
Can you guess what I am? I am cold-blooded and have slimy skin, and I live both in the water and on land. I am an amphibian! Join the naturalists as we explore the many different amphibians that call Indiana home.
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, June 23 at 10 a.m. (register) and 1 p.m. (register)
- Family Camp: Wednesday, June 24 (register)
- Young Adventurers: Thursday, June 25 (register) and Friday, June 26 (register)
Mammals come in all different shapes and sizes. Did you know you are a mammal? Come out to McCloud to explore different Indiana mammals and their stories.
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, June 30 at 10 a.m. (register) and 1 p.m. (register)
- Young Adventurers: Thursday, July 2 (register)
Did you know birds have hollow bones so they can fly? Join the naturalists as we take flight and soar to new heights with the birds of Indiana.
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, July 14 at 10 a.m. (register) and 1 p.m. (register)
- Young Adventurers: Thursday, July 16 (register) and Friday, July 17 (register)
Did you know the main stem of the Big Walnut Creek is about 19 miles long? Join the naturalists as we go with the flow and explore water and Big Walnut Creek. Bring a change of clothes because you will get wet!