Summer camps return to McCloud Nature Park, and they are better than ever! We are adding another session for the Lil’ Explorers, adding family camps, and including the option to register older kids for two days. All camps focus on one topic for that week and include hands-on activities, games, crafts, and more! All camps are taught by Hendricks County Parks & Recreation naturalists who have passed background checks and have experience in teaching campers of all ages.
Advance registration is required for all camps. On-site registration is not available. Registration is now OPEN, and many of our camps fill up very quickly, so don’t delay!
We are excited to announce that we will be offering day camps at McCloud Nature Park beginning June 30, 2020. We received many responses to the survey that we sent out, and we created a Communicable Disease Plan for Summer Camps based on those responses. Additionally, we are following the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and the American Camp Association.
Each camp is the same theme as originally advertised, will consist of small groups, and will be two hours in length. Identical morning and afternoon sessions will be offered, with campers only registering for one of those sessions: 10 a.m. to noon, and 1 to 3 p.m. Activities will be held outdoors, except in the case of severe weather. For more information, including how to register for updated camps, click here.
Parents/guardians will be asked brief health-related questions about their camper upon arrival, and if they answer "yes" to having any of the common symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 72 hours (consistent cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath), campers will not be allowed to attend camp that day. Campers will immediately wash their hands upon arrival and will wash their hands periodically throughout the camp as directed by staff. Materials, the restrooms, and the Nature Center are receiving increased cleaning and sanitization.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or at (765) 676-5437 with any questions or concerns.
Lil' ExplorersYoung children and their parent/guardian will participate together in age-appropriate nature activities! Activities for morning and afternoon are identical. Children must attend with a parent or guardian.
- Ages 2-5 with parent/guardian (older siblings ages 6-7 may also register and attend)
- 10 a.m. – noon OR 1-3 p.m.
- Fee: $12 per camp (includes camper and guardian)
Young AdventurersThe park naturalists are taking nature adventures to the next level for these camps! There are different activities each day around the same topic, so you can register for one or both days. These are drop-off programs.
- Ages 6-12 (going into grades 1-7)
- Thursdays and/or Fridays (same topics; different activities)
- Campers can register for one or both days
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Fee: $25 per camp
Family CampThe whole family can experience camp together during these sessions! Share these fun experiences and memories together. It is very important for everyone to dress to be outside.
- Ages 5 through adult. Children must attend with a parent or guardian.
- Wednesdays, 10 a.m. – noon
- Fee: $3 per person (everyone must register)
2020 Summer Nature Day Camps
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, June 30 at 10 a.m. (register) and 1 p.m. (register)
- Young Adventurers: Thursday, July 2 (register)
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, July 14 at 10 a.m. (register) and 1 p.m. (register)
- Young Adventurers: Thursday, July 16 (register) and Friday, July 17 (register)