We are now offering advertising opportunities in The Explorer magazine and sponsorship opportunities for our programs and events!
We offer cost-effective ways to advertise your business and reach potential customers.
The Explorer magazine is a 24-page publication that comes out three (3) times per year with 12,000 copies of each issue printed. Of those 12,000 copies, more than 2,000 are mailed directly to our subscribers. The rest are distributed to local businesses, organizations and public libraries, and at kiosks at McCloud Nature Park, the Vandalia Trail, and W.S. Gibbs Memorial Park.
The Explorer is also published online and can be accessed through our website’s main landing page.
Advertisements help defray the costs of printing each issue, thus freeing up money for use in developing and maintaining our parks.
The Winter/Spring issue is published in December and covers programming and events from January through April. Advertisements for the Winter/Spring issue must be submitted and paid for by October 1.
The Summer issue is published in April and covers May through August. Ads for the Summer issue must be submitted and paid for by February 1.
The Fall issue is published in August and covers September through December. Ads for the Fall issue must be submitted and paid for by June 1.
Advertisement prices are for one issue of The Explorer. All advertisements are subject to the approval of the Hendricks County Park Board.
- $200 for an advertisement that you provide us. Quarter-page ads must be 3.75″ x 4.834″ in size and in print-quality PDF format.
- $250 for an advertisement that we design. You will have ample opportunity to proof-read and approve the ad before publication.
- $350 for an advertisement that you provide us. Half-page ads must be 7.75″ x 4.834″ in size and in print-quality PDF format.
- $400 for an advertisement that we design. You will have ample opportunity to proof-read and approve the ad before publication.
- $750 for an advertisement that you provide us. Full-page ads must be 7.75″ x 10″ in size (or 8.5″ x 11″ with bleeds) and in print-quality PDF format.
- $800 for an advertisement that we design. You will have ample opportunity to proof-read and approve the ad before publication.
Please direct all questions about advertising in The Explorer magazine to Assistant Superintendent Eric Ivie at email@example.com or at (317) 718-6188.
Examples of Quarter-Page Ads
Here are some examples of quarter-page ads created by our staff. These are not to size. They are for visual reference only.
We offer family programs and special events throughout the year. Sponsorships are available for any of these programs or events.
Program sponsorships can help defray costs (such as movie licensing fees, program supplies, etc.) and will also expose your business to the attendees. Additionally, sponsors can provide handouts and/or promotional items for programs to enhance the experience for attendees (for example, Paw Street Bakery made goodie bags for each dog in attendance at our Frosty Paws program, complete with their business card).
All sponsorships are subject to the approval of the Hendricks County Park Board.
Some of our most popular annual special events and programs are:
- Maple Syrup Days (first two Saturdays in March)
- New in 2022: Game Nights at Gibbs (April through October)
- Egg hunt (near Easter)
- New in 2022: Fun & Games Recreation Fair (May)
- New in 2022: Movies in the Parks (one in June, one in July)
- Summer Nature Day Camps (June through July)
- Astronomy (monthly during summer)
- Pollinator Party (late August)
- Homeschool Ecology Series (August through May)
- Tadpole Time Preschool Programs (August through May)
- McCloud Prairie Maze (open daily from September through October)
- Fall Colors Festival (late October)
- Winter Wreath Workshops (first Saturday in December)
You can also sponsor a new or existing nature-based family program that correlates with your business or organization.
Sponsorships must be arranged and paid for by:
- Winter/Spring programs (January through April): October 1
- Summer programs (May through August): February 1
- Fall programs (September through December): June 1
Please direct all questions about sponsoring programs and/or events, including pricing and benefits, to Assistant Park Naturalist Joe Lembo at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (765) 676-5437.
You must be logged in to post a comment.