About W.S. Gibbs Memorial Park
The Hendricks County Park Board owns 140 acres of land in Avon, which includes Phase I of W.S. Gibbs Memorial Park. Phase I encompasses about 70 acres of the property and was constructed in 2020 and 2021 by John Hall Construction out of Plainfield, Ind. and by the HCP&R maintenance crew. It opened to the public on July 21, 2021.
The park’s official address is 4521 Gibbs Road in Danville, although it is physically located within the limits of the Town of Avon. It is situated on Gibbs Road in between County Roads 200 S. and 350 S. Click here to locate the park on Google Maps.
The park is open from dawn to dusk daily, and admission to the park and the 18-hole disc golf course within it is free.
(Do you love disc golf? You might be interested in the Hendricks County Disc Golf Club!)
- 70 acres of woods, prairie, ephemeral creek, and ponds
- Over 2 miles of well-marked trails (gravel and natural surfaces)
- Two ponds totaling 5.5 acres; will be stocked with fingerlings for future consumptive fishing
- ADA-accessible fishing dock
- Nature-themed playgrounds for 5-to-12-year-olds and for 2-to-5-year-olds
- 18-hole disc golf course surrounded by native prairie grasses, trees, and a 30-foot-tall hill
- ADA-accessible Bluegill Pavilion with grill and picnic tables near the ponds; available to rent
- ADA-accessible Firefly Pavilion with grill and picnic tables near the playground; available to rent
- ADA-accessible concrete walkways from paved parking lots to pavilions
- 30-foot-tall observation/sledding hill
- Picnic areas
- Green space
- Future phases will add additional amenities
- Click here for a downloadable map
The Bluegill Pavilion (near the ponds) and the Firefly Pavilion (near the playground) at W.S. Gibbs Memorial Park are available for your enjoyment year-round and are available for day-long rentals. Click here for more information about pavilion amenities and rentals.
- Bluegill Pavilion: $75/day
- Firefly Pavilion: $50/day