Summer camps return to McCloud Nature Park and W.S. Gibbs Memorial Park in 2023, and they are better than ever! All camps focus on one topic for that week and include hands-on activities, games, crafts, and more! All camps are taught by Hendricks County Parks & Recreation naturalists who have passed background checks and have experience in teaching campers of all ages.
Advance registration is required for all camps. On-site registration is not available. Registration opens February 1, 2023, and many of our camps fill up very quickly, so don’t delay!
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (765) 676-5437 with any questions or concerns.
Lil' ExplorersYoung children and their parent/guardian will participate together in age-appropriate nature activities! Activities for morning and afternoon are identical. Children must attend with a parent or guardian.
- Ages 2-5 with parent/guardian (older siblings ages 6-7 may also register and attend)
- 10 a.m. – noon OR 1-3 p.m.
- Fee: $12 per camp (includes camper and guardian)
Young AdventurersThe park naturalists are taking nature adventures to the next level for these camps! There are different activities each day around the same topic, so you can register for one or both days. These are drop-off programs.
- Ages 6-10 (going into grades 1-5)
- 10 a.m. – noon OR 1-3 p.m.
- Fee: $15 per camp
2023 Summer Nature Day Camps
Get MessyTime to get your hands dirty! Make mud pies, paint with sticks, and play games that WILL earn a few grass stains. Bring a change of clothes for this one!
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, June 13 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Young Adventurers: Thursday, June 15 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Art SplashDid you know that nature has inspired many artists over the years? We will take a splash into many different art styles for this camp like watercolors and sketching to name a few.
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, June 20 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Young Adventurers: Thursday, June 22 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
BirdsBird, Bird, Bird is the Word… You guessed it. This camp is all about birds! We will go on a bird hike and have some feathery fun activities and a bird craft. Practice using binoculars to spot birds in the trees!
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, June 27 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Young Adventurers: Thursday, June 29 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Game On!Get your game on at this camp held at W.S. Gibbs Memorial Park! We will be playing all kinds of human-sized games including Checkers and Tic-Tac-Toe!
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, July 11 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Young Adventurers (ages 8-12): Thursday, July 13 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
AquabendersWhat lives in Big Walnut Creek? Uncover the mysterious and strange benthic macroinvertebrates hiding in the water. Closed-toe, water-suitable shoes are REQUIRED. Towel and change of clothes are highly recommended.
- Lil’ Explorers: Tuesday, July 18 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Young Adventurers: Thursday, July 20 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
You must be logged in to post a comment.