Hendricks County Parks & Recreation is currently hiring for a Part-Time Maintenance Technician to work four (4) days a week, 28 hours per week for $17.16/hour. This position will involve working at McCloud Nature Park, the Vandalia Trail, and W.S. Gibbs Memorial Park.
A Part-Time Maintenance Technician assists with general landscape and building maintenance duties at our properties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform general landscape duties as directed.
- Maintain, clean, and make basic repairs of landscape equipment.
- Assist Park Manager with building and facility maintenance.
- Diligent compliance to all safety procedures.
- Displaying an exceptionally helpful and friendly attitude to all parks visitors.
- Ability to work without direct supervision for long periods of time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must at least 18 years old to apply for this position.
- Experience with standard landscape maintenance equipment
- Ability to effectively and politely assist staff and members of the public.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- A high degree of pride in work performed and self-motivation is essential.
License or Certificates:
Must possess a valid driver’s license and the demonstration of a safe driving record.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Duties will be performed primarily outdoors during all seasons of the year. This position requires the ability to walk/stand for long periods of time, walking on uneven terrain, and lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Persons in this position must be responsible and feel comfortable working alone for hours at a time. Some weekends and some holidays may be required.
Part-Time Maintenance Technicians report directly to the Park Manager under the supervision of the Parks Superintendent. Working relationships are with supervisors, associates in the same department, other county departments, and the general public.
NOTE: A criminal background investigation is required of ALL HCP&R employees.
To apply for this position, click here. Position closes September 24, 2021.