Runners, walkers and families all have a great reason to visit McCloud Nature Park on Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, when the Parks Foundation of Hendricks County and Hendricks County Parks & Recreation host their annual Fall Colors Run, immediately followed by the Fall Colors Festival.
Fall Colors Run
Getting the day off to a running start is the Fall Colors Run, which offers 10K, 5K and one-mile courses through McCloud Nature Park’s trails and along Big Walnut Creek in the peak of fall foliage season.
Details and registration information can be found by clicking here.
Fall Colors Festival
Immediately following the Fall Colors Run is the Fall Colors Festival, which will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Come out to McCloud Nature Park and celebrate the beautiful autumn foliage with us!
We’re bringing back several popular activities and introducing some new ones, too! Unless otherwise indicated, all activities are FREE to enjoy!
- Archery with Hendricks County 4-H Shooting Sports
- Operate an apple cider press
- Decorate a pumpkin
- Make a candle
- Enjoy the heron-themed prairie maze and complete a scavenger hunt within it
- Go on a hayride ($5/person; $10/family of any size)
- Make s’mores over a campfire ($2/kit)
- NEW! Face painting by The Purple Palette
- NEW! Yard games hosted by Brownsburg Parks & Recreation
- NEW! Throw an atlatl (an ancient hunting weapon)
- NEW! Yoga with OMasana Yoga Studio
- NEW! Purchase food from Serendipity Mobile Catering
- Hike any of the 6.5 miles of trails
- Check out the new observable honeybee habitat
- Take lots of photos!
Families are not required to participate in the Fall Colors Run to enjoy the Fall Colors Festival.
The Fall Colors Festival is FREE to attend, appropriate for all ages, and no advance registration is required.